I have always been pretty active all my life from school and was always involved in team sports and played hockey to quite a high level playing in high divisional teams for a club and representing Durham County for Hockey. So I’ve always had a pretty high level of fitness which helped when I first started running. Back in 2006 & 2007 I completed the Cancer Research “Race For Life 5k” and finished in a pretty high position but didn’t really do much training for it or in between the years.
- Ultimate Trails 55km (36m) July 2017 (6700ft, 7hrs 5 mins) – 4th female, 21st overall
- Durham Coastal Half marathon June 2017 (1100ft, 1hr54 mins) – 5th female
- Calderdale Way 28.5m ultra June 2017 (4900ft, 5hrs 48 minutes) – 6th female (lost & ran an extra 3 miles would have finished 4th female in around 5 hours)
- Windermere marathon May 2017 (1500 ft , 3 hours 31 minutes )– 4th lady & 56th overall
- London Marathon April 2017 – 3 hours 17 minutes 14 seconds (4 minute PB)
- Trail des Hauts Forts Morzine 27km race August 2016 (6500ft ascent, 2200m altitude) – 4 hours 43 minutes ran after next to no training due to a 5 week hamstring injury
- Gibside marathon – June 2016 (3500 ft, 4hours 8 minutes) – 2nd female
- Dark Skies Kielder night marathon 26.5m March 2016 (2600ft, 3hours 58minutes) – 5th female/23rd overall
- Heartbreaker trail marathon Feb 2016 (2300 ft, 3hours 37 minutes) 1st lady/35th overall
- Hardmoors 10k Saltburn Feb 2016 – 1st lady/4th overall
Rail to Trail Marathon: Kent Jan 2016 (27m, 1500ft ascent, 4 hours 27 minutes) – 4th
- Fantastic 1-2 for England in WalesWell done and what a race between Tom Adams and Chris Holdsworth at The Trail Marathon Wales Golden Trail Series. After a ding dong battle for 24 miles Tom managed ...
- A Great Round Up of Events this weekendFantastic results coming through this weekend from Mountain Fuelers; well done everyone 👊💥 Andrew Morley came 3rd in the Spine Challenger – “I had a race plan and was determined to ...
- Ricky Lightfood beats the Horse!Congratulations also to Ricky Lightfoot who is only the 3rd person to beat a horse at the Man V Horse in Wales
- Adrian Martin and Andrew Nesbit complete the Cockbain Events National Three PeaksCongratulations to Adrian Martin and Andrew Nesbit who completed the Cockbain Events National 3 peaks on foot. Adrian in 8 days 14 hours and 35 mins Andrew in 8 days 16 hours ...
- Paul Wilson is Last Man Standing at Lionsgate Backyard UltraCongratulations to Paul Wilson who was Last man standing in Lionsgate Backyard Ultra in Wales (1st place🥇). Running for England, 108miles in some pretty torrential weather!
- Sarah Sawyer comes 2nd Lady at GUCRMassive congratulations to Sarah Sawyer who came 2nd lady, 4th overall at this weekends GUCR She ran the 145 miles in 29 hours 50 Image from @sazzleruns on Instagram
- Dougie Zinis Completes Wainwright RoundMassive well done Dougie Zinis who completed a Wainwright Round in 6 days and 3.50 hrs. This is the 3rd fastest round and he’s the 7th person to complete a ...
- Becky Beale is first lady at West Highland WayMore congratulations to Becky Beale for her West Highland Way result. Becky said after the race. “I managed to finish the West Highland Way challenge race this morning in 21h33. I was ...
- Katie Kaars Sijpesteijn wins Lakes TraverseCongratulations to Katie Kaars Sijpesteijn who was 1st lady and 2nd overall at the Ourea Events Silva Lakes Traverse race. Katie said. “A mixture of MF jellies, some gels, 4 MF ...
- New course record at The Halo 6 hour raceCongratulations to @michaellesniak_ Winner and new course record holder at The HALO 6H RACE 65km + / – 1500m