I have always been pretty active all my life from school and was always involved in team sports and played hockey to quite a high level playing in high divisional teams for a club and representing Durham County for Hockey. So I’ve always had a pretty high level of fitness which helped when I first started running. Back in 2006 & 2007 I completed the Cancer Research “Race For Life 5k” and finished in a pretty high position but didn’t really do much training for it or in between the years.
- Ultimate Trails 55km (36m) July 2017 (6700ft, 7hrs 5 mins) – 4th female, 21st overall
- Durham Coastal Half marathon June 2017 (1100ft, 1hr54 mins) – 5th female
- Calderdale Way 28.5m ultra June 2017 (4900ft, 5hrs 48 minutes) – 6th female (lost & ran an extra 3 miles would have finished 4th female in around 5 hours)
- Windermere marathon May 2017 (1500 ft , 3 hours 31 minutes )– 4th lady & 56th overall
- London Marathon April 2017 – 3 hours 17 minutes 14 seconds (4 minute PB)
- Trail des Hauts Forts Morzine 27km race August 2016 (6500ft ascent, 2200m altitude) – 4 hours 43 minutes ran after next to no training due to a 5 week hamstring injury
- Gibside marathon – June 2016 (3500 ft, 4hours 8 minutes) – 2nd female
- Dark Skies Kielder night marathon 26.5m March 2016 (2600ft, 3hours 58minutes) – 5th female/23rd overall
- Heartbreaker trail marathon Feb 2016 (2300 ft, 3hours 37 minutes) 1st lady/35th overall
- Hardmoors 10k Saltburn Feb 2016 – 1st lady/4th overall
Rail to Trail Marathon: Kent Jan 2016 (27m, 1500ft ascent, 4 hours 27 minutes) – 4th
- How to train & prepare for a Sprint Triathlon The sport of triathlon has exploded in to the world of endurance sports over the last decade or so, and has made a huge impact on British sporting culture due ...
- Snowman Triathlon win for Llellwyn Holmes Fantastic results for #TeamMountainFuel Llewellyn Holmes winning the Always Aim High Events Suunto Snowman Triathlon long and Steven Gregory 7th and 2nd in age cat in the Sprint… our new #GoFasterTriSuits ...
- Success for Team Mountain Fuel at the Montane Lakeland 50 & 100 Congratulations to #TeamMountainFuel & Salomon Running Michael Jones 1st & Marcis Gubats 2nd at The Montane Lakeland 50 & 100. A magnificent effort from Team Mountain Fuel and couple Casper Kaars Sijpesteijn 7:34:07 (Male ...
- Running an Ultra Marathon The popularity of ultra-endurance foot races, or ‘ultra-marathons’ which they are generally termed, has exploded over the past decade, with events being held all over the world, and covering distances ...
- Performing and running in heat Throughout all our running careers I’m sure that we have all over-cooked things from time-to-time, especially during a hot summers day, I know I have! Feelings of fatigue, dizziness, nausea, ...