I have always been pretty active all my life from school and was always involved in team sports and played hockey to quite a high level playing in high divisional teams for a club and representing Durham County for Hockey. So I’ve always had a pretty high level of fitness which helped when I first started running. Back in 2006 & 2007 I completed the Cancer Research “Race For Life 5k” and finished in a pretty high position but didn’t really do much training for it or in between the years.
- Ultimate Trails 55km (36m) July 2017 (6700ft, 7hrs 5 mins) – 4th female, 21st overall
- Durham Coastal Half marathon June 2017 (1100ft, 1hr54 mins) – 5th female
- Calderdale Way 28.5m ultra June 2017 (4900ft, 5hrs 48 minutes) – 6th female (lost & ran an extra 3 miles would have finished 4th female in around 5 hours)
- Windermere marathon May 2017 (1500 ft , 3 hours 31 minutes )– 4th lady & 56th overall
- London Marathon April 2017 – 3 hours 17 minutes 14 seconds (4 minute PB)
- Trail des Hauts Forts Morzine 27km race August 2016 (6500ft ascent, 2200m altitude) – 4 hours 43 minutes ran after next to no training due to a 5 week hamstring injury
- Gibside marathon – June 2016 (3500 ft, 4hours 8 minutes) – 2nd female
- Dark Skies Kielder night marathon 26.5m March 2016 (2600ft, 3hours 58minutes) – 5th female/23rd overall
- Heartbreaker trail marathon Feb 2016 (2300 ft, 3hours 37 minutes) 1st lady/35th overall
- Hardmoors 10k Saltburn Feb 2016 – 1st lady/4th overall
Rail to Trail Marathon: Kent Jan 2016 (27m, 1500ft ascent, 4 hours 27 minutes) – 4th
- Cracking weekend for Mountain Fuelled athletes at Keswick Mountain Festival A great weekend for Team Mountain Fuel at KMF! Cracking first day & a big well done to Catherine Spurden 1st 25k, Katie Kaars Sijpesteijn 1st 5k & Sue Toppin 1st vet and 4th woman in the Sprint ...
- Incredible performances at Triathlon X What a weekend at Triathlon X for our Mountain Fuelled athletes! Kate Morris finished an amazing 3rd lady with the Mens team (Steven Gregory, Paul Cooper & Carl Egdell and Womens team (Lucie Wainwright, Hannah Peel & Helen Elmore) ...
- Records fall for Team Mountain Fuel athletes Congratulations to Katie Kaars Sijpesteijn 1st and new CR at Run Coed y Brenin Trail Marathon Wales. Also Brennan Townshend winning the Burrator Horseshoe. And Damian Hall 2nd (1st Vet) & Marcus Scotney 6th (3rdVet) at the mozart 100 Ultra Trail World Tour.
- Successful selection for Chris Holdsworth Congratulations to Team Mountain Fuel Chris Holdsworth winning England selection at Settle hills fell race!
- Mountain Fuel Running Ambassador What benefits do you receive from us? Receive 20% discount on all Mountain Fuel products (this can be reviewed after a period of time) Invites to Team Mountain Fuel training weekends Access to ...