I have always been pretty active all my life from school and was always involved in team sports and played hockey to quite a high level playing in high divisional teams for a club and representing Durham County for Hockey. So I’ve always had a pretty high level of fitness which helped when I first started running. Back in 2006 & 2007 I completed the Cancer Research “Race For Life 5k” and finished in a pretty high position but didn’t really do much training for it or in between the years.
- Ultimate Trails 55km (36m) July 2017 (6700ft, 7hrs 5 mins) – 4th female, 21st overall
- Durham Coastal Half marathon June 2017 (1100ft, 1hr54 mins) – 5th female
- Calderdale Way 28.5m ultra June 2017 (4900ft, 5hrs 48 minutes) – 6th female (lost & ran an extra 3 miles would have finished 4th female in around 5 hours)
- Windermere marathon May 2017 (1500 ft , 3 hours 31 minutes )– 4th lady & 56th overall
- London Marathon April 2017 – 3 hours 17 minutes 14 seconds (4 minute PB)
- Trail des Hauts Forts Morzine 27km race August 2016 (6500ft ascent, 2200m altitude) – 4 hours 43 minutes ran after next to no training due to a 5 week hamstring injury
- Gibside marathon – June 2016 (3500 ft, 4hours 8 minutes) – 2nd female
- Dark Skies Kielder night marathon 26.5m March 2016 (2600ft, 3hours 58minutes) – 5th female/23rd overall
- Heartbreaker trail marathon Feb 2016 (2300 ft, 3hours 37 minutes) 1st lady/35th overall
- Hardmoors 10k Saltburn Feb 2016 – 1st lady/4th overall
Rail to Trail Marathon: Kent Jan 2016 (27m, 1500ft ascent, 4 hours 27 minutes) – 4th
- Energy Drinks: A review According to published research, energy drinks are the most popular dietary supplement in American adolescents and young adults, secondary only to multivitamins (1), and are also reported to be the ...
- Whats with all these fell-running clubs? What’s with all these clubs huh?! What even is a club?? Fell-running’s got its fair share right? What are they? Where are they? And are they any good? Who’s the ...
- Victory for Team Mountain Fuel’s Damian Carr Congratulations to #TeamMountainFuel Damian Carr 1st at XNRG Multi-day endurance events Pony Express 2017.
- Successful weekend for Mountain Fuel at the British Fell relays Well done to all our Mountain Fuellers at the British Fell Relays in Llanberis including #TeamMountainFuel ladies Nichola Jackson & Kirsty Hall who were part of the winning Ribble Valley Harriers team and Mark Lamb who was in ...
- Great weekend for Team Mountain Fuel at Dark Peak Ultra 30 Well done to all the runners at Dark Peak Ultra 30 including #TeamMountainFuel Marcus Scotney 1st and new CR, Matty Brennan 3rd & Rachel Ball 3rd lady with Jen Scotney in 4th preparing for the Spine Challenger in January.